Friday, January 14, 2011

My Day at Spring Oaks Middle School!! =)

November 13, 2011

I was really scared and nervous to go toSpring Oaks Middle School because,
I never went to that school. I went to Spring Woods Middle School, and I
thought I was going to be lost, and not find myself back to school. Thanks to God that
my friend was there to show me around the school and find my class. I was in a Orchestra
class. My friend introduced me to the director and after that I actually learned a lot about how
he is as a director. I noticed how strict he was and how he wants the students to play the notes
perfectly with and the rhythm also. I think he is a good teacher, because I wish I had an orchestra teacher
that strict so that I can push myself to be a good musician, and learn more things then what I know.
I think all orchestra directors should be like that, because I saw how he cared about the children, and
how he wanted them to sound good at UIL. He also told me to conduct the students because he
was going to hear the students who were going to do Solo and Unsemble. I was scared because I didn't know how to, and also he wanted me to tune the instruments (that was hard). Other then that, I really had a good experience there, and hope to learn more stuff on what orchestra teachers do.

No comments:

Post a Comment